Any running 285 75 16's with a TT/Shackle and NO spacers or BL?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becker69 CO

Reaction score
Are any of you running a 285 75 16 tire on stock wheels with a TT/Shackles and NO wheel spacers or body lift? If so, how do they fit? Require any trimming, etc? Thanks!!

This is the size I really want to run, but was told I would have to have spacers with. I have stock 01 five stars I am going to (back to) from the 15x8's I've been running with 32x11.50's. I would love to have the height of the 285's instead of the 265 75's, I don't mind a little rub (at full stuff or full turn). I really want to run a 33" tire for the added wheeling clearance, but I don't want to have to do a 3" BL (that is out of the question). Thanks.

I am most concerned of the wheelspace issues that may present themselves. Most guys I wheel with are Explorer guys without any knowledge of our (particularly) blessed wheel well space.... so I'm trying to sort out the actuals from the supposed(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured I would need spacers to run them on the stock 16's. Your truck looks good with them. Do you have a 3" BL with Shackles and TT?

Becker,

I am running those tires. At first I just had the TT & SL with no wheel spacers. There was some rubbing of the inner fender well and I did some trimming. Actually a couple of zip ties to slightly pull the inner trim worked great.

Now I have 1.5" spacers on the rear only--more to widen the stance than anything else. No body lift needed!

George

I was. Check my profile pictures. I had all of the above. Initially I didnt have wheel spacers on the rear and it was fine, minimal rubbing. You will need to trim the front fenders though, behind the wheel. I think my profile shows all....

email me if you have any questions, i dont get on here much anymore

Latest posts