Any members own a Ford Edge?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Marano

Reaction score
I lease a 2006 Explorer. My lease is 6 months from the end. Ford sent me a postcard with an offer of paying the last 6 months of my lease if I get into a new Ford Edge. I like the looks but have not test drove one yet. I was wondering if anyone had any input on the Edge?

I was put in an Edge last year when my Trac was being looked over. I really liked it, and I had to fight my wife for the keys during that time last summer. We had it for a few weeks. It realy drove nice, and had good pick up in traffic. Don't recall how it was on gas though . . .

No,

But my neighbor bought one about 3 months ago..

I own a Lexus RX and the Edge is a pretty close facsimile of my Lexus.

He loves it. Traded in a Mid-size Blazer for it. Says the ride is great and the increase in gas mileage is a great plus...

ford gave ma a fully loaded sel for a month to use. imo, i thought it was nice with plenty of pick up. gas mileage was not the best (avg.17 mpg).

it drove good and handled well. nice amount of room as well.

i know i am going to get shot for this , but i would go with a murano instead.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the edge.

i dont own one... but ive been driven around in them... i really like them...

it would be worth the time to go down for a test drive for sure.:D

My Mom has a Limited Edge, 20" wheel option and it's really absolutely fantastic. I liked driving it, it didn't ride as well as my sisters Edge with the 18" wheels, but they are definitely some nice vehicles.

The little 3.5 got some pick-up too, which was nice. It was definitely not a dog.

I have to agree with Gary. The Murano is so much more refined, faster, and rides nicer. We checked out both before purchasing a loaded 09 Murano. It will blow my coworkers fully loaded Edge into the weeds and all my coworkers like it better than the Edge.

I have had the oppurtunity on many occasions to drive an edge. I work for a dealer doing dealer trades. My son is their internet sales manager. It is located in Willowbrook,IL. The average city mpg is 17. Hwy mpg is probably 20 or 21. I own a 2007 sport trac limited and a 2005 freestyle( now known as the taurus x). My wife really likes the edge probably because it has a slightly bigger enginethan the freestyle. They are nice .

Latest posts