Any info on Taurus SHO???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Vincent

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a 98 SHO with 56000 miles from the original owner. I know they are prone to cam failure but does anyone know anything else about them?

Thanks

My sister had a 1991 SHO. That had the V6, not the V8 in the newer ones. Her SHO was sold with over 150,000 miles on it.

I know a guy that has a 98 SHO. He knows a thing or two about them.

Tom

I had a 97 SHO V8. I loved the car! :wub: It was great to blow the doors off of unsuspecting people that thought you were in "just another Taurus." Great handling car, I took it on many road trips without any problems. Gas mileage was pretty good too.

I traded it at 41,000 miles before I had the dreaded cam failure though. Try out this website, there's a lot of information there about the cam failures, and even information on people that will weld the cams for you to hopefully prevent a failure.

Good Luck!

One with mileage that low, I'd jump on it. I wanted one a few years ago and couldn't find any with less than about a million miles.

The Taurus board could help. I am JohnnyO here, there, and everywhere. :D

Johnny O, I also hang out at that board, I go by the name of *MrGarabaldi* over there. As I understand it, if the cam is welded, then it is ok, if it isn't....then you need to get it done.

Have a good one

Bob

I have had my 94 SHO for over 8 years 129000 miles no problems, put a clutch in at 89000.

Best car I have ever owned.

[Broken External Image]::wub:

Mark S

Latest posts