Any Bartenders out there?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bud.

The original link worked for me??

I think most of it was probably real, we just don't know exactly how many "Takes" it took to get everything perfect for each segment.

The only doubtful ones were the tossing of 6-8 paper napkins and have them all line up and perfectly spaced out on the bar top???

Also, I thought the slicing of the limes with the hand-held fan and each lime slice falling perfectly into the glasses a bit questionable.

I suspect they may all be possible with a lot of practice, but I wonder how many attempts it took them to get that one perfect clip.

Either way, it's still pretty cool and I believe most of it was real...But then I'm so much of a cluts that I would need aiming devices to just get the liquor into the glass, much less throwing things into the air...:grin:

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
It's gotta be fake. No one with that much talent would be wasting it in a place which makes them wear such hideous outfits...

:banana:

That really does look like a TGIF. At all the ones I've been to, the drink menus sport cards with pics of the barkeeps performing stunts, though not to those levels. They all do get cheesy nicknames though.

Eh. Anybody can do tricks but can they make a decent old fashion or manhattan?

I don't think so, as I hear TGIF is notoriously stingy with the booze in its cocktails. I guess the tricks are supposed to smooth over the lack of booze.

No one with that much talent would be wasting it in a place which makes them wear such hideous outfits...

Sure they would, a place with a classier uniform would be too classy for such juvenile antics.

I spent most of my adult life behind a bar. I worked for Bennigan's for a while, and they, like Friday's, promote showmanship. "Flash makes cash!" was one of their favorite sayings. I've spent many an hour practicing spinning bottles and such. I call Shenanigans! Highly doubtful that they could get the napkins to all fall perfectly like that, let alone the lime slices being cut perfectly by the fan and landing in the glasses all perfect like. And yes, they waste a LOT of alcohol doing those tricks, so don't expect any real strong drinks at a place like that.