Any Arizonians Out There?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Laroco

Reaction score
I'm driving from Socal to Tucson, Arizona for a 4-day conference in a couple weeks and I was wondering what you guys recommend as far as things to do and see while I'm there. Any places I should avoid would be good as well.

And I'll be driving my Sport Trac, so if you see a lifted silver one with California plates driving by, that's me. :D

Im from Arizona but dont know about Tucson, I dont like it much down there and have only been a couple times. sorry, but enjoy the weather!

Hey cris mt lemon is pretty cool just outside Tucson paved on the front side a nice motherinlaw approved backroad on the back side check forest service map.

Also Tombstone is good also that is where Boot Hill is.

enjoy, Bill

Boot Hill is in Tombstone, about an hour southeast of Tucson.

Just stay out of the washes. It's monsoon season here and they fill up fast.

It's not the best time of year for sightseeing, but an early morning trip to the Desert Musem would be nice. There is Collosal Cave on the far southeast side. You can go on the "Ladder Tour" in the cool of the evening, but you will need to call for reservations.

If you want to go play "off road", head to Reddington Pass (northeast) and ask anyone how to get to Cheva Falls.

For hiking, you can't beat Sabino Canyon or Mount Lemmon.

You've got racing on the weekends (paved or dirt circle track. don't know if drags are scheduled).

Sunsets from Gates Pass are awsome.

For the best Carne Seca in the world, head downtown for El Charro.

Quite a few steak places. Pinicle Peak is where you take an out of town visitor. Tell em to wear a Tie, just to see the staff cut it off and hang it on the wall.

Sounds like there isn't much to do IN Tucson, but there seems to be a few places that I can stop by and check out around there.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard some freeways in Arizona are testing those new freeway cameras that automatically send you a speeding ticket kind of like those stop light cameras. Any of you know if that's true at all?

I live in Az but in Fl right now. My daughter loves Tucson, she will drive from Phoenix to go to the mall in Tucsan lol typical girl :) It is Monsoon season in AZ right now, so if the signs say "Do not cross when flooded." Please be safe and don't cross. I brought my AZ umbrella to FL (remembering how the rain rolls in and out here) finally got to use this thing today after owning it for 3 years :)

Tucson...ha, nothing unfortunately. The 101 in North Scottsdale has speeding cameras on the freeway, so yes it is true. As long as you are under 75, you are okay. It's only like a 5 mile stretch. I don't believe you will be driving on the 101 though.

Latest posts