Any advice on a great CD player?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 05 XLS with the factory cd player. I would love to upgrade to something that gives better sound, but I'm finding that many players aren't compatible with my truck. Does anyone have pics of upgraded cd players in their trucks? I would love to see how and which ones fit nicely! Thanks! :cool:

Alpine! I love mine. In fact, I would love to spend more money on a nicer Alpine HU with Imprint and a hipass filter. Maybe one with a touch screen. I'm just not in the vehicle enough to justify the cost.

The 9883-9884 is a good unit for passive crossover systems, Ipod users, stock audio components or an amped front and substage users. It's also very easy to navigate.

I have pics on my cardomain page.

Im stealing the thread. I have the 6disc with factory sub, in my '04. The question is? Dont want to change anything but the sub in the factory inclosure. It hits hard enough for this old man. It distorts at high volume. Is their a better speaker and stay with factory inclosure and amp?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpine OR Pioneer Premier. I'm in the A/V business, for decades these two have been the aftermarket "car-fi" leaders. Proven performance and reliability, albeit at a higher price point.

For future upgrades such as amplifiers and speakers, add Rockford Fosgate into the product mix.

Very important you use the correct "dash kit" and wiring harness to maintain an OEM appearance.

I recently acquired an '05 XLS and have only changed the front 5 x 7 (6 x 8) speakers. When I am finished with my performance and suspension upgrades, my ST audio system will follow. Cheers!

I just put in an AVIC f900bt....THEEEE BEST upgrade I've done for my truck so far. LOVE IT!!! GPS, bluetooth through the speakers, voice recon, dvd touch screen the works! Look it up great HU!:cool:

FE4- It may be your amplifier "clipping", ( driven into distortion}, or the stock bass driver exceeding it's physical limits. Probably a combination of both. I'll hook you up with my installers that recently helped "Hawaiian ST" Keola if you would like. Let me know.

P.S.- The biggest difference between "hi-fi" and "lo-fi" is listening at decreased volume levels.

Real high fidelity sounds full and detailed at "normal" listening levels where one can carry a conversation without raising your voice. NOT the license plate rattling, window bulging mid-bass "thump" some people refer to as "good sound". Applies to "home" audio even more.

Kate, look at somplace like crutchfield.com for a stereo that will fit. You can get adapters and install regular size radios and also intall indash gps size stereos. Fast Eddie check out this sight for replacemant for sub speaker._Ron

I have always had really good luck with Pioneer, no problems and only replace to upgrade to new features.

Check out this site, I have purchased a couple of radios from them and they have been great even if I had an issue it was addressed right away with no crap

Latest posts