Antenna question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian T

Reaction score
The ST'S antenna scrapes the roof of my garage when I pull in. I was thinking of buying a Eurostyle 13" antenna, or maybe just a shorter one for the winter months. Anyone have any issues with the shorter one's. Guy I work with said I would probably loose my AM and some of my FM. I don't listen to AM much, except for the Game Days when I'm on the road. Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

You can pop the ball off the tip of your antenna, then cut it down a little and stick the ball back on. Might affect your reception a little, but probably not as bad as the tiny cheap euro antennas.

Thanks Dan, I just remembered the project on that. So you think the euro's are crap? Waste of money?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a motorized antenna? There is one in the projects section. I was thinking about installing one for my '07 . . .

I've been using a 12" or 13" antenna for a while now (can't remember the actual length. Might even be a 10") and I haven't had a single problem with reception.

I've heard bad things about the euros, and I always see people driving around with them bent half over and they look like crap. I can't honestly say I've had personal experience though, aside from shortening the OEM antenna.

I have one of the euro rubber ones and have no noticeable difference in reception.

My main reason for getting on is when scraping, cleaning, or tending to the wipers and windshield the stock antenna is too much in the way, with the rubber one it bends out of the way.

One thing about the stock antenna is it's a nice warning device when going into a low parking structure or some other low clearence area.

I bought a rubber one from Advance for $5; they are more on e-bay plus shipping. I have had no problems with reception, but yes it is bent over fron the wind...oh well

i LOVE my 14" billet antenna and have no issues with it. I do take it off if I go to the car wash, which..has not been recently LOL :)

Latest posts