Another UOA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
I just got another Used Oil Analysis back. BobIsTheOilGuy.com link below. Again Pennzoil Platinum did better than Mobil 1. I dunno, might have to try that Royal Purple stuff. ;)

The tip for this engine might be to run plain dino oil and just change it every 3000 instead of 5000.

My main point is that people can talk about oil all day, but getting a UOA is the only way to know for sure. Anything else is just speculation.

I haven't used them yet to test my oil. But I am in the rinse cycle of using auto rx on the engine and I am changing the transmission fluid tomarrow. I pulled the pan and changed the filter tonight. Alot of gunk in the pan. Especially the magnet. It was covered in black stuff. I will take pics tomarrow of complete trans fluid change._Ron

Have you used more than one source for your UOA test? That way you can be sure that they are not be biased.

I will reiterate; when I first put Royal Purple in the engine it ran quieter and excellerated easier. I put RP in the tranny before the L'ville 3 meet, and after putting it in the diff. a year ago I showed an increase in mpg. Don't recall the truck magazine, but there was an article on synthetic oil (they just happened to choose RP), and they got similar results the I did. Great stuff. :D

Nah, I'm not interested in extended use or dropping the extra $10. It's enough that I get UOA's on a vehicle that I lease anyway. :wacko::lol:

Mostly I do it out of curiosity, to support a BITOG sponsor, and provide information to other people.

Hey, without a UOA I might have kept running that Mobil 1 T&SUV and thought it was great.

Latest posts