Another run away Toyota

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:sad: How heartbreaking. :sad:

I am sorry, but situations like this, I am very happy I drive my Ford. :love:

Tom

the data recording devise will determine the cause.

Has Toyota FINALLY brought the computers and software to the US that they can read the data recrder?

They claimed their system was considered "experimental" (for the last 10 years) and only had ONE computer in the USA that could read it. Toyota EVEN refused to use the software when people were serving time in prison.

That is a deplorable!

Tom

"They claimed their system was considered "experimental" (for the last 10 years) and only had ONE computer in the USA that could read it."

not at all accurate. the EDR (event data recorder) is currently used on many models and records throttle, brakes, seat belt useage, speed/rpm.

they have used this device to disprove mechanical error in the most of the alleged sudden accel claims.

also, ETCS (electronic throttle control system) has been tested on all toyota's and there is no proven failures according to a 3rd party independent tests. NASA conducted the testing.

I am just wondering what the repair that they were so confident in was repairing if all the EDR's showed they were not at fault.

not at all accurate. the EDR (event data recorder) is currently used on many models and records throttle, brakes, seat belt useage, speed/rpm.

they have used this device to disprove mechanical error in the most of the alleged sudden accel claims.

also, ETCS (electronic throttle control system) has been tested on all toyota's and there is no proven failures according to a 3rd party independent tests. NASA conducted the testing.

It is completely accurate. Toyota did not want to have ANY computers in the USA to read this data. It was not until the Feds MADE Toyota bring computers to the USA that could read the software. Toyota ONLY complied because they would be facing some SERIOUS trouble, if they continued to refuse do so.

That is a fact.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
an opinionated news report, imo. as you have stated, you don't take all news reports seriously.

toyota did have an issue, but stood up and resolved it quicker then industry standards

look at the "issues vs. reality"

of course, if you own a toyota and have an accident, there is always someone else to blame :sad:

an opinionated news report, imo. as you have stated, you don't take all news reports seriously.

I agree, but I am less likely to believe statements from a company befuttleing a report. I am even more less likely to believe that this is a government conspiracy to boost sales of GM and Chrysler by making up lies.

Fact is that Toyota is far from an angel.

I don't trust Toyota with my life and I still fear when a Toyota pulls up behind me. If a runaway Toyota hits me, rest asured, I will be compensated for it and I will chew the owner out for driving an unsafe vehicle.

Plus, Toyota's Residule is starting to get beat by Ford.:banana:

The sad thing is that my days of buying a Ford for next to nothing and driving it for 200,000 miles are coming to an end.:cry:

Tom

"I will chew the owner out for driving an unsafe vehicle." :bwahaha:

"Plus, Toyota's Residule is starting to get beat by Ford."

geeee, the money i am making at auction is still is way ahead of any ford. :grin:

"The sad thing is that my days of buying a Ford for next to nothing and driving it for 200,000 miles are coming to an end."

now is time to get a new TOY. if you need a hand i can help :supercool:

The one thing I dont like about any of the japanese or korean imports. Is the stupid looking grills.:fire:

"The one thing I dont like about any of the japanese or korean imports. Is the stupid looking grills"

come on eddie, take a nice look...:supercool:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
now is time to get a new TOY. if you need a hand i can help

Did you miss what I said. I said driving it to 200,000 miles. i can't do that in a Toyota unless I replace the engine 4 times.

Tom

Good thing Caymen has a manual tranny on his ST, or he couldn't get that to 200k without replacing the tranny 4 times (of course, his, and YMMV).

LOL

Good thing Caymen has a manual tranny on his ST, or he couldn't get that to 200k without replacing the tranny 4 times (of course, his, and YMMV).

Nope, got a automatic tranny and I have abused it. Still pulling strong.

Usually, when certain people have numerous vehicles with the same problem, you tend to believe it isn't the vehicle, but the driver itself.

I admit, Theresa's Explorer had a tranny done when we got it. We got it with a bad tranny and had it done. (Price reflected the bad tranny too) It could have been the vehicle itself or it could have been the previous owner's neglect. I say it is the latter of the two because we already had 3 other Explorer's in the family with no tranny problems at all. 2 of the 3 had well over 150,000 miles on them to boot. One of the Explorers has been sold and the new owner is pushing 200,000 miles on it while the other is still in the family with over 190,000 miles.

Tom

"Usually, when certain people have numerous vehicles with the same problem, you tend to believe it isn't the vehicle, but the driver itself."

you must mean that when people have the same vehicle with the same problem, you tend to believe it must be poor quality.

"Plus, Toyota's Residule is starting to get beat by Ford"

is that your thoughts because the guy from dirty jobs said the fusion is PROJECTED to have a better residual then a camry. :bwahaha:

Latest posts