another reason to go Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrel Chaney01

Reaction score
I would love to go there, can't afford to buy anything though. I didn't know there was so many other things to do and see besides the cars and auction. I was watching Speed Channel and they showed a race that you can be in. Well as a rider anyway. They use 2 Mustangs and every hour pick 2 people to ride in the cars in what they called "Controlled Chaos" race around the track. It looks a little like drifting, but I think it would be a lot of fun.

If you do go and are bidding, look around closely at the other bidders. If you see Ron Pratt, watch him closely. If he is bidding, stop your bidding cause you are not going to get the winning bid. I watched him during one auction on TV, buy over 8 Million dollars in vehicles for his private museum. I have to give him credit, he buys several of and pays really really high price for the charity vehicles.

I watch them sell that Sporttrac I think it was #700. I think it only went for $39,000, but I don't remember for sure. It had a Salvage title. You don't want to hit much of a pot hole with it, cause the guy on the Speed Channel said there is about 1 inch clearance in the wheel well. So if you drive it, definitely a slow cruiser.

While I was typing this they sold a 70 Plymouth Superbird with a lot of signatures on it for charity. Ron Goldberg said the new owner could drive it on the beginning of this seasons show. It sold for $501,000, then it brought 3 donations. A $25,000 donation a $50,000 donation and then Ron Pratt donated $100,000. Then While I'm still doing this, Mr Pratt spends $600,000 for another charity car. I would love to see his museum, maybe some day he will open it up to the public.