Another milestone!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
Well, I made it to another milestone. 300k on the original drivetrain![Broken External Image]:

300K is nothing short of AWESOME for ANY vehicle. Congrats!!! :supercool::supercool::supercool:

Now, care to share your secret(s)? :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago I was at a Physics Teacher meeting, and one of the members of the state department of Ed passed 300k on his Cavalier. He traveled throughout the state on a regular basis. Anyway, GM was considering doing an ad with this high mileage car until they asked him about maintanence, he never changed the oil, only added as needed!

Impressive. I would love to reach 300k on this drivetrain but I also kind of hope to be able to drop a Super Six motor in and I need an excuse to do that.

KH.....

Might be some validity to that...IF he changed the filter on occasion!

On the other hand, a Cavalier probably wouldn't have lasted 100K even if he changed the oil and filter every other day!:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm? Might be some validity to the Calvalier going 300K miles without changing oil???

I have heard that most high mileage engines blow up shortly after having a long overdue oil change (not 300K miles??). Perhaps the detergents in the new oil break loose a lot of built up sludge and the sludge starts to blocks the oil from critical parts like bearing, etc.???

Dremon,

Congratulations on reaching the 300K milestone !

...Rich

Hmmmm? Might be some validity to the Calvalier going 300K miles without changing oil???

I have heard that most high mileage engines blow up shortly after having a long overdue oil change (not 300K miles??). Perhaps the detergents in the new oil break loose a lot of built up sludge and the sludge starts to blocks the oil from critical parts like bearing, etc.???

Dremon,

Congratulations on reaching the 300K milestone !

...Rich

just at 176K with my 02, original owner...engine/tranny(manual shift) has been flawless. On 2nd clutch-slave failed at 77K, rear end has been totally rebuilt, but drivetrain is solid. The rest of the body however, has not survived 13 Central New York winters too well.

Runs great, looks like hell.

Congrats on the milestone.

Still debating getting new front fenders, hood, and getting new sills welded in place. Good money after bad at this point, but still a great truck.

Well, I gave you a picture of the odometer. As for the truck, it still looks exactly like it did in 2009, shown here.

[Broken External Image]:

Congratulations!

I just did some calculations and realized I probably won't be driving my truck when it gets to 300,000. I bought it a year ago on Christmas Eve with 63,850 miles. It just turned over 72,000 last week. At 8,250 miles a year, it will take another 26.4 years to get to 300,000 - just before my 85th birthday. I plan to keep it a long time, but I probably shouldn't be driving 8,000 miles a year at that point.

Latest posts