Another Issue with my truck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Johnson 2

Reaction score
Picked up my TRAC from the dealer after having the alternator replaced. Now when i turn off the headlights the parking lamps stay on. Pulled the park lamp relay out and the park lamps go out. When i put the relay back in the lamps stay off until i turn on the lamps again but when i turn the lamps back off the lights stay on. Went back to the dealer as it was not doing this when i dropped it off on Friday and they said it will cost me another 100.00 dollars for my deductible or at least 109.00 for a diagnostic not including the repairs or labor. I told them that it did not do this when i dropped it off and they said they are not responsible for it because it is a different circuit. I don't think the switch is bad. and the relay was switched with another one and the problem was still there. Something is leaving the circuit open and not allowing the parking lamps to turn off. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM? :angry:

Big Johnson,

The dealer should have never let you leave their lot with the ST doing that. They should waive the diag fee and fix the problem.

In the computer business the last one to touch it broke it. They were the last ones to touch the ST. I'm not saying they necessarily broke anything, but they should have given the ST a thorough once-over, and it shouldn't have left the lot like that.

TJR

I don't think it is Ford I think it is the individual dealer. They have a service manager and they make decisions there on what they can and can not do to help the customer.

WELL I JUST DROPPED IT BACK OFF AT THE DEALER AND TOLD THEM I WILL PAY ANY MORE MONEY AND THEY SAID THEY WERE SORRY AND PUT ME IN AN 07 EXPEDITION AT NO CHARGE UNTIL MY TRUCK WAS FIXED RIGHT. THAT IS AFTER I MADE A CALL TO THE GENERAL MANAGER:lol:

Big J,

I think you meant to say above that "...AND TOL THEM I WILL *NOT* PAY ANY MORE MONEY..."

Right?

If so, good for you.

Right is right.

TJR

Latest posts