another gen 2 tranny ??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Morrow

Reaction score
Recently my trac started to kick from the tranny when im going up hills around 50-60 mph. It doesn't always occur but I can usually get it to do it more than once a day. I'm not sure if I want to call it a slip but it almost feels as if it shutters a little bit. Any one else have this problem and does anybody know what could be causing it?

"Any one else have this problem and does anybody know what could be causing it?"

OH YEA !!!

imo, poor design.

this drove me nuts on my 07. 2 trips to the dealer and it still happend. :angry:

do you have the motorcraft mercon V oil in it?

sometimes other brand transmision oil makes the ford transmisions shutter.........

if you have some other oil in there i would change it to motorcraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
I experience a similar kick at about 40 mph on increased throttle on a slight uphill grade. Sometimes on the flats too, and at about the same 40 - 42 mph. In my case its almost like the tranny is shifting up to the next gear but it is an overly firm shift if I'm not keeping a consistent acceleration rate.

I almost thought of taking off the SCT tune with the tranny adjustment to go back to stock tranny tune just to see if there is a difference. Like the TSB bump stop I get on ocassion, I've been just living with it. Neither has gotten worse.

Latest posts