Another bed cover question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stadnicki

Reaction score
I got about a 6" tear in the bed cover rubber piano hinge seal. I checked our Sponser and they only carry a lock cylinder for the Gen II. Is it possible to get a new seal?

Don't ask how I did it.....ok I'll tell...

Yup, an ST can haul 6 ea 2"x10"x 16ft pressure treated lumber! :driving:

My friend slid the last piece off the cover before I could stop him. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
StadEMS3,

I don't know who carries the spare parts for the tonneau cover but I'm sure most body shops could locate them or fabricate a hinge seal that would work and look as good as the original. You might be able to install the new seal yourself if you can find one...or you may have to fabricate your own....That all depends on you mechanical ability.

The body shop may sound expensive, but that would depend upon your Comprehensive insurance coverage. Most people are not aware that their insurance will cover stupid mistakes that people make that do not involve, collisions , etc. Worst case is they may have to replace the entire tonneau cover, and that could get expensive. So you might want to check with your insurance company to verify that it would be cover (it should).

Many years ago I had a brand new 1990 Honda Accord. The car was only about 4 months old when my wife dropped a lit cigarrette and burned a hole in the driver's seat cushion. I went to my insurance agent, and he hought that my insurance would not cover that...He was wrong, wrong, wrong !!

I had $50 deductable, and the seat cover fabric was about $260 alone. It was another $65 for an upolstery shop to remove the old install the new seat cover. I paid $50 and my insurance paid the rest.

....Rich

Latest posts