...and now the rant about Roadside Assistance

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Travis

Reaction score
Had an issue where ST would not start, called my local Ford, they put me to Roadside Assistance - covered by extended warranty. They dispatch someone at 5:50pm with 1 hour response. Was able to have the wife come and pick up the 3 boys, I also rode home, and picked up the Jeep. After 1:30 - nothing, he wasn't even answering the phone when dispatch was checking up with him. They finally had to dispatch someone else. Aggravation to the Nth degree - missed my own baseball game, would have been a good way to release some frustration. Finally around 8:25pm I get someone to show, this guy was fairly prompt.

Found out later they dispatched it to someone (Darrell's Towing or something like that) with an Alabama # - that does not mean they are not in GA but please. I searched by phone number I do not even find anything for this guy by that number. Roadside better drop this guy from their roster. He sucks.

So, beware anyone name Darrell or Daryl that tows and has an Alabammy phone number. Damn, no good, toothless, inbred, sister humpin', butt crack showin', tobacky chewin', Larry the Cable guy lovin', country music listenin', Little E cheerin', gun shootin', hound dog ownin', no phone answerin' chucklehead.

Can't wait until my the next time I wake up in the middle of the night...I think I will give him a call. It may just be tonite, the Yankees are on the west coast so I most likely will fall asleep watching and then rumble out of the chair at about 3am. Just have to figure out how to block my number as this may become a common occurrence, Yanks have 3 in a row at 10:05 in Oakland.

JT#14

I have AAA but will soon need AA.

I have towing on my insurance and was covered by Ford - figured use theirs, I paid about $1200 for extended warranty mind as well us it. Who'd have thunk it would have gone so bad.

I used AAA once in 8 years of being a member. Got a nasty letter telling me I need to take better care of my car because of my excessive usage. One more call and they were going to drop me. I never gave them the opportunity to drop me because I QUIT the next day.

Wow. I have had to use them twice, once for the wife with a flat in the garage while I was at work and years ago on a trip. The girl I was with had it and it worked well at 1:30am just outside Baltimore.

JT#14

I've had decent service with AAA. When Karen got a flat, I called and had them respond. They took care of her, despite me not being there and Karen not being on my account. Of course, a pretty blonde shedding a light tear also might have had something to do with it. :D

I quit AAA after ten years with them when I lived in Colorado. I had some service done on my car and when I got home I smelled gasoline. I looked under the hood and the fuel filter wasn't installed properly and was leaking badly. I called AAA for a tow back to the garage. After three hours, they never showed, even after repeated calls. This was a warm, bright, sunny Saturday, so no excuse about bad weather, traffic, etc. I had to drive an unsafe vehicle back to the garage. I am thankful the car didn't catch fire.

I'll never use them again.

Latest posts