Amputation surgery went well, need to drive Trac!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Been 4 weeks now, and leg looks good. Started "moulding" of stump for new prostesis. Spent Mem. Day weekend(4 days) in withdrawl from painkillers....(NOT fun). Feel more normal now. Should be on "2" feet in about 3 weeks. Trac hasn't moved whole time, saves gas!!! Hate crutches. Hope all are well, talk at ya soon. Bob

Yup. best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Back in the 60's when I was a kid, my grandfather had his right leg amputated below the knee due to poor circulation and diabetes. After that he bought Cadillacs because they were nice and wide so he could prop his wooden leg on the hump and drive with his left. My dad was in his early 30's at the time and not too far removed from being a college football player, track star, and all-around jock. My grandfather (with one leg) beat him handily in a round of golf. Just sayin'....

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert,

I gotta say man, What a fantastic, not gonna let it get you down attitude you seem to have there. I wish you all the best, and hope you're out driving soon. (You can always start her up and crank some tunes)

Dave

Surfing the web all day, nurses all around you, you got it made!

Good luck, hope everything goes well for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
great to hear it went well.

best of luck with your recovery. we want to see you at e-town this year :haveabeer:

Latest posts