Ammo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
we haven't had a gun thread in a while so....

whats a good cheap brand of ammo? I typically buy the white box stuff from winchester at walmart, but I'm looking to buy a large quantity, and I don't want to worry about it jamming in my XD9.

Walmart sells 100 rounds for $20.

Winchester White box from Wally World for me!

Gary G:)

You might look for surplus 9mm ball ammo If you are using the ammo for any type of self defense issues use only fresh premium grade ammo.

The bulk ammo is for range/having around the house.. I have 25 rounds of remington hollow points for self defense/carry.

I really need some .40S&W.... it's about the only thing I've been shooting this year.

And .30-06

And 7.5x55 Swiss

And 7.62x39

And 7.62x54r

And 7.62x25

And 9x18 Mak

And 20 GA

And .303 British

And 7.62 Nagant

And 8mm Mauser

And ...

Winny White Box if you need it Today.

Go to:

www.gun-deals.com

They generally are up-to-date on most prices, but at least can give you some leads on where to go.

Century Arms

Aim Surplus

Centerfire Systems

J&G Sales

Classic Arms

Samco Global

Natches

Cabelas

Bass Pro

Acadamy Sports

Dick's

Ammo Man

Weidner's Surplus

Midway USA

Some places to start. The Steel-cased Wolf, Silver Bear, Brown Bear, et. al. will probably be the cheapest in bulk.

I dont shoot Wolf anymore because my guns dont like it, a lot of other peoples do though. Its about as cheap as you can get for bulk. Otherwise the WWB from walmart is a good deal and the factory reloads from cabelas have treated me well. Thats all just plinking and practice ammo, for defence and service stuff Winchester's Ranger loads and Speer's Gold dot's are the tops!

-Sefus

Last edited by a moderator:
lost my reply somewhere try cheaperthandirt.com check out magnum research drt round if looking for 9 mm have 45 rounds of hornady t.a.p. stuffed in three clips in the holster on the bed post

I would also recomment Cheaper Than Dirt. They always seem to have some made in China off brand ammo for cheap. The quality is hit and miss but you get what you pay for. Also for me the Cheaper Than Dirt warehouse is just down the road from me :D They are a big mail order warehouse.

Don't believe it's going to be Chinese.... thanks to Mr. Clinton, all Chinese arms and ammo are not allowed for importation (atleast directly from China... hence why Norinco AK's, SKS's and 1911's have gone way up in value)

Hey, Cabelas has a great deal with Discover Card. Instead of taking the DiscoverCard CashBack Bonus in cash, you can buy $50 Cabelas Gift Cards for $40 of your CashBack Bonus.

You can use the Gift Cards on-line, in their stores, or over the phone. Good on sale merchandise also.

I bought several hundred dollars worth of Gift Cards, cashed them all in for ammo that was on sale. Even good on shipping. Saved 20% with the cards, off the sale prices. Picked up a few thousand assorted rounds for about $18 (I had to spend them all plus a little bit).

Man I love Cabelas.

Latest posts