American flag removed from woman's office

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn D

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been posted, but this is absolutely appalling to me.

Apparently, a woman's American Flag was removed from her office and SET ON THE FLOOR because another person in the office who immigrated from Africa years ago, found it offensive! I cannot even begin to put in to words how angry this makes me.

THIS is what's wrong with our country right now. We need people to freaking stand up against all of this PC crap. We've forgotten that this is OUR country and we must protect and honor it within its borders too!

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell, you don't like your new flag, leave and go back to where you came from. People who immigrate here, should be damn proud to have all the freedoms we have. My grandparents came in the early part of the 20th century and did the three years of schooling(didn't know it was that long then) to take the test and becom citizens and voted and were proud to live here.

It's NOT the "Political Correctness" crap. It may be YOUR shallow thinking and attitude that hurts the beliefs OUR country is made of. Please consider retracting your statement. I am appalled.

I don't think any shallow thinking is involved here. All foreign nationals should respect the flag which represents the nation which protects and provides for them. I would imagine that coming to the United States was a choice by the African lady.

No statement retraction is in order here.

I will not retract anything. How am I being shallow in my thinking? Please elaborate for me because apparently I missed something. How is showing pride for your FREE country offensive? The fact that this person could get offended at all shows the freedoms they now have. HOWEVER, no one should have the power to force another American citizen to take down the symbol of freedom. Hell, no one should have the power to force another American citizen to retract a statement because they disagree. That's what makes this country what it is.

Furthermore, that African immigrant is a citizen by choice. You can't choose to go to someone's house and then tell them how to run it and/or decorate it. Aside from being rude, it's grounds for getting kicked out of my house...

Just assuming. This "national" is a job threat to you?

Not trying to stir things up, life goes on.

I am finished here. Best Wishes.

Reading the story, it sounds like it may have been a knee-jerk reaction by one supervisor, not an institutional thing. I guess you get one in every organization.:eek: She's being allowed to put it back up, which is the right thing to do IMHO...

Wow, talk about apples and oranges. What do job threats and public displays of patriotism have to do with each other? The "national" has been here 14 years and has a job. I have ZERO problem with her being here and working. Don't assume you know my views on everything because of one thing.

honestly though, a 3x5 flag is a tad big for a shared office and at that point is more of a political statement then anything else.

Then again I have a 3x5 flag in my office, but it's on the wall, and I don't share it with anyone.

The correct thing for the supervisor to do would have been to tell her that the size of the flag was a problem, because if they shared an office it probably was in the way a lot, and that they'd like her to get a smaller one.

To everyone here.... I am a SSG in the U.S. Army, be in the Army for 13 years now. I have completed 2 tours in Iraq for a total of 27 month and currently deployed on my 3rd deployment, this time in Afghanistan. The first deployment to Iraq I was with the 82nd Airborne Division in the first group to cross into Iraq the morning after war was declared. I have lost great friends during my Army due to many reasons. My father severed in the Army for 26yrs before retiring. Trust me when I say that I can fully understand the feeling on this subject. In my years in the Army I have seen and been there for many great things of this country that I am proud of.

As for who is shallow and who is not is not up to me. Each person is able to have their personal opinion that is what makes this country great.

As for the removal of the flag from the office space, yes at first it does bother me...... but understand that working in a small shared space, I can also understand where this could be a problem due to size of the flag. The problem has seem to have been taken out of contents think that the problem was that the other lady had a problem with the symbolism of the flag, but as report it was due to the size. I understand and think it is great that this lady wanted to show her pride for our nation, but along with this pride come respect for one another. Trust me when I say it doesn't really need to be something large and out going to show your pride. Sometimes it is the smallest things that will make more of a difference, I know I've seen it.:)

There was another local story I heard on the radio yesterday about a man that served in the Marines for 13 years, was disabled serving his country, and lives in a condo here in Dallas. He has stickers on the back of his vehicle honoring the Marine Corps and the military in general. He got a letter from the HOA of the complex telling him to remove the stickers or his vehicle will be towed off.

Sorry, swshawaii. Jenn is definitely NOT being shallow in her thinking, you are. If I were in that woman's shoes, I would have told the lady from Africa to go back where she came from if she didn't like it. :angry:

It's the sacrifices that myself, my family, and the families of hundreds of thousands of others that have served in the UNITED STATES military that even allowed her to have the PRIVILEGE of getting into this country. I'd even buy her a one way ticket to go back if she thinks looking at my flag is that bad. And one for you too. Being PC in this country has gotten to the BS level. :angry::angry::angry:

These stories upset me alot. I have not only US flags, and other symbols of my pride for this great nation all over my desk, but symbols of my Christian beliefs as well. Now, before everyone starts in on how that could upset someone, the Muslim just two cube's from me as her stuff showing as well. We get along becouse we understand everyone has the FREEDOM to display what they want provided it is not obstructive, or vulgar and mean. She and I work well together even though we have different belief's. This country was founded on the freedoms that allow us the right to display what we are proud of, without getting shot. The problem is that so many people think that thier freedom is greater than another, or that expressing my belief's infringes on anothers opposite belief's, and therefore must not be allowed to continue.

If something or some belief is upsetting you, instead of dealing with it immaturely and going to the boss man or whatever, deal directly to that person and explain your point of view in a calm, or relaxed way, without that "I am right, your wrong, your intruding on my freedoms, so get rid of yours" crap.

Just my complaining.