Ambient Temp Gauge Display

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter V

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 08 ST-EXT, love the truck so far...however, there is one item on my list which is bugging the heck out of me.

- My mileage display shows the total miles and ambient temperature. It's in Celsius though. Is there a way to have it displayed in Fahrenheit? I read the owners manual and could not find anything on switch this. The only resolution remotely close, is converting the language and miles into kilometers and vise versa.

Don't know if this will work for you but it's at least a start. This is for a 2007 model so I would assume that the 2008 would be similar.

Start at page 102.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/07p27og4e.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that info LABulldog. I have already tried that. It only works to change the miles in miles to kilometers, vise verse. It will not change the ambient temperature reading.

This is from a truck forum, maybe it will work.

In the lowest row of buttons, on the left you have "Auto", and on the right you have the floor/defrost zone selector.. Press and hold them both for a few seconds and it should change..

Here's another post from a different forum...

Scroll through the digital display used to display trip distance, until it displays the outdoor air temperature.

Locate the stalk next to the digital display. This is the stalk used to reset the trip distance to zero.

Press the stalk inward for five seconds. This will cause the unit the temperature displays in to change between degrees F and degrees C.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts