Am I seeing things?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, I was at a stop light and an fairly new Jeep pulled up to my left and just ahead of me where I could see the back of the vehicle. It had an attached emblem which stated "Equipped with a 5.7 Hemi". Have they actually started putting the Hemi in the Jeep or did he just add the emblem?

Jim

WK - 2005-2010 Grand Cherokee

XK - 2006-2010 Commander

WK2 - 2010-Present Grand Cherokee

All had the option of 5.7L hemi's

SRT WK/WK2 have the option of 6.1L

I owned a XK for 2 years, the motor was great, the electronics in that Jeep drove me crazy, it spent more time in the shop than in my driveway I feel like.. It was awesome offroad for being a large vehicle though. They are way overlooked as offroaders.. hard with IFS though since you can't get a lot of lift/flex.

Last edited by a moderator:
the electronics in that Jeep drove me crazy, it spent more time in the shop than in my driveway

My brother in law had the same experience with his four door '09 JK. Even with all of his modifications, the factory components were his only problems with the vehicle, especially electrical. Traded it straight up for a '13 Civic. You don't want to know how much he had into that pile, bought brand new, sent to AEV direct from factory with multiple other mods following. I guess after owning one, you just want something that's going to start, drive and simply work.

Wouldn't take a new Jeep anything if you gave it to me. Haven't seen the current model GC from a mechanical stand point yet but if it's as cheaply built as the last one....

I bought a new Grand Cherokee in 2011. No problems at all, it has been a good solid car, even with the air suspension and advanced electronics. I'll buy another when the time comes.

As far as sales go, the GC factory stops accepting orders early each month. They can't keep up with the demand.

Latest posts