Alternator??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lyon

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out if the 07' Mustang & the 07' Sport Trac have the same Alternator? If not do you know if the pulley's are the same size? I'm interested in swapping out the Tracs pulley for the Mustang's if it will work because there are several billet covers available for it.

D'oh! You beat me to the punch, Andy. I was going to tell him to wait for your response!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The alternators have different part numbers, so the answer is definitely will not interchange. The pulleys are not listed separately in the parts catalog we use, therefore it is only serviced with the alternator. The pulley you list is only used on the Gen-1 Trac, the 2003-2005 Aviator, and the 2004 Town Car.

The alternators have different part numbers, so the answer is definitely will not interchange.

Not true, part numbers are not a reliable source for comparison. For example, Ford used the same basic alternator starting in the mid 60's, and for the next 20 years, and there was more than one part number. I prefer Dingo's response because he has been able to personally compare both alternaters. It would be nice if one part number represented one part, but all automotive manufacturers have used multiple numbers for decades.

Latest posts