alignment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave feola

Reaction score
hey guys had my alignment done after complaining about my offcentered slightly left steering wheel . the wheel still seems off center, i called the shop and said it's probably the crown of the road, here are my toe specs left- before- .11, actual .06 right before .17,actual .06 and total toe before was .28/actual was .12 any help would be appreciated ,

There was another post on this, did they do a thrust alignment? I would get that done on my old Mustang whenever the wheel wouldn't be centered. Haven't had that problem with the Trac yet.

i'm not sure, i was told all sport tracs have the wheel slightly offcenterred becuase of the rack and pinion being located on the left side ?/ they told me that the align4ed the truck then road tested it on a crowned road and off

Yea, I don't think thats accurate. The wheel was straight when it came off the line! Now, if your talking about the left side of the steering wheel appearing to be closer to the dash when compared to the right (left arm extended longer than the right arm), I have seen that with every Ford I have had.

The tires may be aligned correctly, but theres more steps that are not taken all that often to re-align the steering wheel to the vehicle. I have always heard it called a thrust alignment, but it may be called something different. Whenever I would take the stang in, I would ask them to make sure the steering wheel was also aligned straight.

I don't know enough about alignments to give you any other advice beyond what I have already. I am sure that there are others here that have alot more expertise than me. Do a search for Alignments, and I think this topic will show up prior.

go get it aligned again dave feola, I went to a local dealer two times trying to get my front alignment done. This was two times after the fact I got new tires from a different location and they supposedly did an alignment there. Finally I went to Pep Boys and they got it right, after three times! My steering wheel leaned left as well, take your trac back and show him how its off. With my trac you could plainly see that both tires were toe out and the guy behind the computer kept telling me that the test came back straight for my alignment but you could obviously tell it was off :angry:

Latest posts