Air Vent Switch not working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Duckworth

Reaction score
Hi all.

I got my 01 Sport Trac out of the bodyshop last Wednesday. They had to replace the hood and passenger side fender.

Well, now . . when I turn on the A/C, no matter where I turn the switch (max AC, ac, VENT, off, floor heat, defrost) it will only blow out of the defrost vent. It turns off in the OFF position, but every where else, it blows out the defrost.

Did the bodyshop mess something up or did the switch decide to "die" Wednesday night?

What do you guys think?

they must have disconnected the vacuum line that runs near the passenger fender area by the front of the engine... the heat system defaults to defrost when vacuum goes away...

Thanks!!!

Is this something I can fix myself? Is the vacuum line somewhere I can access it? I'd really rather fix it myself than have to go back to the bodyshop and have to deal with them keeping it, getting back to work . . . yadda yadda yadda.

Thanks so much for the help!!!

yes, you can fix it yourself... just look to the lone hose on the passenger side near the side of the engine by the upper control arms... I think these come undone by themselves, as I'd bet most people on the forum have been bitten by it...:grin:

this is the hose, I think... I found this in the project section, thanks Mike Egan..

see the small line sticking up with the corrugated cover on it? follow it and make sure all of the connections are tight

[Broken External Image]:

Yep . . . I found the hose and it's broke in half.

What does this hose connect to? Where does it connect at? I added 2 pic's showing what the thing looks like.

Thanks so much for the help guys . . . this is why I love this website.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts