Air filter help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
I have this cold air intake, I don't know who made it, and I'm not sure how to re-order a cone filter, or where even. So this is my question, where do I do that, who made this CAI? And if I can't find a cone, who wants to show up at my house with a filter, and possible box, for an 03 and swap this out for mine?

[Broken External Image]:

Looks custom fabricated to me, can't recall seeing anything like it.

Seems to be a very good design, if it's sealed on the other two sides.

Measure your old filter dimensions, and order a filter. (Amsoil, K&N, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that custom, it was originally designed, and sold, as part of the SLP Ranger, what was that, the thunderbolt? I picked it up years ago, with the filter, for $15. I never wanted to drill into my truck to put the clips on, so I duct taped them up and put it in.

Turns out that this intake was made by SLP for the Ranger Thunderbolt. It doesn't have a reusable filter, but I ordered one of those K&N universal ones, hopefully that helps clear up my check engine light issues, otherwise I have a feeling I'm in for an expensive bill.

I doubt that the old filter is causing your CEL. More likely it's a dirty MAF sensor, O2 sensor, EGR/DPFE sensor, or even a cracked/split vacuum hose. You can go by the local AutoZone store and they will read your CEL codes and tell you (even printout) the possible causes. That will get you in the ballpark as to what is causing the CEL. Post the error codes and most people here will know what the problem might be since many people have probably had the same error codes.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts