Air Conditioning...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Brown

Reaction score
I noticed that the AC wasn't as cool anymore, took it in and had it checked out. Turns out the fan clutch isn't working. Had to have that replaced. They also removed and replaced the evaporator orfice valve. Showed little metal shavings in it! System is recharged and Cool!

:cool:

It may just be me but mine doesn't seem to be cooling as well lately. I guess I need to do the same and take it in whenever I can find the time.

Chet

I just recharged the AC and it's good as new...

And NO ToddZ, I'm not using the overcharge shut down feature as a safety measure :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::p

I assume glennB meant the ac clutch (is that it's name)? The clutch with fly-wheel that is driven by the serpentine belt and engages whenever the ac needs to kick in?

TJR

Yes, the A/C clutch is mounted on the Compressor. The clutch creates that noise clicking, which so many people complain about here, when it engages.

One thing to improve your cooling is to cover the tubing that goes into the accumulator, the black canister on RH side of the engine compartment. 3/4" i.d. foam pipe insulation worked for me. A big improvement.

Latest posts