Air Bag Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WALKER

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, hope someone can help me out here. My friend has a 99 Explorer that had a recall on the drivers side seat. The same day he got it back from the dealership the air bag light on the dash comes on. He asked the dealership if they had messed with the sensor in the seatbelt and of course they denied it. Anyway, when the igniton is first turned on the light flashes 3 times, then a short pause, then flashes 6 times and then stays on. I know this is a code for what may be wrong. Does anyone have any idea what this code means and how it can be fixed without draging the dealership into it? Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff,

I don't think that there is anyway NOT to involve the dealership. My wife's 2002 had an erratic flash of the airbag light. The dealership ended up replacing the deactivation switch on the pretensioner. So, have him check to make sure all o the connections around the seat are tight and correct. There may even be some type of connection on/in the trim molding where the seatbelt rolls up into.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Latest posts