Air Bag Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey reed

Reaction score
I know a few people on this board have air bags and i was wondering if you lay frame or come close to it FBI sold me the front bag mounts and all but i was wondering how close to the ground i would be. Any help would be great

thanks

Joey

You need to Z the front of the frame (firewall forward) at least 2" or so inches to lay frame, other wise you'll drag the engine cross member, not frame.

I'm not sure which mounts you're talking about, but universal torsion bar (usually for older Tacos/Hardbodies) brackets should work.

i had a guy make them at work so they were free but i staring to rething this whole idea.

anybody know how low i can go without getting into cutting up the frame i thinking i only gonna run 17's or 18's i dont care if i lay frame i just want the slammed look lol

You simply CAN'T get that slammed look without cutting the frame. About as low as you can go before running into bumpstops is about 4" front and rear. It's noticeable if parked next to another ST, but not really on its own.

If you want to go lower, you'll have to C-notch the rear frame and get rid of the front torsion bars, ie., bags. Even on 17's, unless you run a super low profile tire, which of course would look really goofy.

I know the rear is already c-notched 6 inches an I working on the front. I have been to a few ranger sites and they say even if you take out torsion bars and cut out the shock and bumpstop mounts you still wont get the slammed looked. They said the only way is to z the front frame or swap it out for a mustang 2 suspension. Is this right ? Any help would be wonderful I really dont want to cut everything out and it not drop it.:(

Thanks for your help

Oh I hope it lays out l dont mind cutting stuff out i just don't want to have to change out the whole front end I dont think i that good of a welder and this needs to be done in one weekend lol:(

Latest posts