Ahoy, ye ST boaters

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzz worth

Reaction score
Whilst helping a buddy clean out a storage unit a few weeks back, we found these and I just couldn't can them. Can somebody tell me what they are and used for? I know the former owner was into large speedboats, but I'm not and wonder if they have any value to somebody.

There are 2 of the long electric unit and 4 of the other.

thanks

ss[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess that the first pic are a pair of electric linear actuators, perhaps from trim tabs, while the second pic is an exhaust cutout, where you can route the exhaust wide open or through the hull under water for quietness.. just a guess..

The canister looking thing I believe is an exhaust flapper. Used to make your exhaust out the transom 'very loud, sporty, fuel efficient' or close it off to exhaust under water. Quiet for when you are pulling away from the dock/ramp or boating in a residential area such as a canal or something similar. I can't see the other item. Is that a motor on the end? Possibly engine hatch lift motors of some sort. Also used on fancy speed boats cigarette style.

Just like Dave said,

#1 appear to be platform lifts, and

#2 exhaust cut-outs

Is there a name on the cut-outs like "Corsa"?

Either way, they're both worth a couple of nickels on eBay.

Latest posts