AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike burns 3

Reaction score
I think I'm going to just make changing ball joints part of my annual spring cleaning. Changing the left side out this year. Looking at how hard it would be to replace the arm and go back to OEM. They lasted 10 years.

There are heavy duty pro-grade replacement units. Let me see if I can find them. They were on Rockauto.

Read many of MikeVT's posts favoring OEM replacements parts for suspension. :argue:

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to check this thread. I doubt you're abusing your truck more than this guy.

I tried the Mcquay Norris ones. They didn't last any longer. I don't think its the quality of the ball joint but the "cup" design that allows dirt/salt to get into the joint.

Now that I have had a chance to think a bit. I'm going to go back to a Moog. They last a year or two and I plan on trading the truck latter this year.

Did you get the pro grade or service grade? I was considering doing those pro grade but if they didn't do well for you, I'll reconsider.

Latest posts