Aftermarket Stereo Install, need some advice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate Hachey

Reaction score
Hey all, just installed an Alpine iLX-007 7" CarPlay deck...

Everything appears to function for the most part, but I am having difficulty locating the reverse lifts

Wiring or relay in the cabin area.... Need to wire in a sense wire so when the sport trac is in reverse the reverse camera will engage and the head will switch to the video inputs....

Thanks!

Oh and this is my first post here, new sport trac owner and loving this resource!

:banghead:

First question, what Gen is your ST? 1st or 2nd? If you have a Gen2, the audio system works off of a Can-Bus system so you'll need to purchase a very specific wiring harness which will provide you VSS and reverse feeds.

On my '07 when I put in my aftermarket deck back in 2006 I accessed the reverse signal input wire under the drivers door kickplate. It was so long ago though I don't recall what wire it is though.

As for steering wheel controls, I see someone posted the PAC adapter above. I went through 2 of those. First one had such bad signal lag (1 sec before HU responds) and second one was just as bad replaced under warranty. I gave up on PAC and went with the AXXESS one. Works just like it should.

Ghost,

If you want to do the wiring right, you're going to have to replace the wiring harness that you used. I went your path the first time around when I installed my Pioneer Navi and had wished I spent the extra money for the right harness.

Please refer to the following link and read post #11 on:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411916

Going this route will get you illumination, VSS, Reverse, even the power accessory to stay on when you remove the key. Oh, you can see a couple of photos of my set-up in that thread as well.

Latest posts