Aftermarket Heated Seat Kits

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Poorman

Reaction score
It was 16 degrees this morning and I must say this unheated leather is darn cold. Has anyone installed heat into their factory seats? If so, can you give me some direction as to a kit to do it with?

I searched the projects section and all I could find is relocating the switch and the indicators.

Thanks in advance

I installed the driver side one on a cloth seat, just never got around to getting the Paas side in. lol

After I installed teh pad, I inflated teh lumber all the way, before attaching the seat cover back on.

Basically you install the back and bottom, that connect to the harness, I remember that the pads connect togeather and then one lead to the harness., then you drill a hole to install the switch, It's a high/off/low switch with LED.

Then it's just ground, which I used the seat frame bolt.

And positive, Which I did off of the fuse block, aux switched circuit.

www.seatcomfort.com

I believe it was the single wire kit. This was back in 2007.

I will check when I get home.

I know right where the package is witht eh pass side kit. lol

So, no invoice in the box. but they look like the single wire kit on the site.

But if I recall correctly, it was a group buy from my old car site for around $120-140 for the 2 seat set, Drivers and Pass side seats.

It is a 2 part kit per seat a top/back and a bottom.

They connect togeather and then you have one lead going to the harness.

Then a control 3-way switch, with a small single color LED, dim/bright, for Low/High power.

They are the micro wire type, so they're water proof, and trim-able.

They was great on the phone when I called and ordered them.

I was going to install on in the Trac and then other in my car, and then order a second harness and switch.

But didn't need the car anymore, so sold it, cousin really needed a car. :cool:

But it took about an hour total with me taking my time. installing the top and bottom, then the wiring, and pick a switch location and drilling the hole.

Use painters tape around the hole and drill through it, on both sides.

Keeps the mess down and make a nice clean hole.

The only thing differant is that you have leather, so you'd be better off haveing the Trac warmed up, too make the leather more flexable.

Good luck, love mine, been working great since the spring of 2007.

:driving:

I did my leather seats on my 01 and I love it. I took the seats out of the truck to install them and I really can't see it being done in the truck. It took me a probably 3-4 hrs. teh tricky part was figuring out how to take the leather seat covers off. THey don't heat up as quick as my Saturn VUE's factory ones but these leather seats weren't made for the seat heaters. The leather has a foam backing on it that probably slows down the heat transfer. Overall though I'm very happy I did it. I don't have the link to the seats here wit hme at work so I'll get it later. I took a bunch of pics thinking I would do a project, just never got around to doing it.

Latest posts