aftermarket grille installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargedtrac

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a photo of the aftermarket grille install from Saturday on my XLT. With the right tools I was able to take the grille out without taking off the lower bumper and grille as one unit. During the week prior I had prepped and painted (many coats) a new a new hood trim piece I picked up on sale online. The fit of the main grille was perfect. I'm happy with how it came out.

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks for all the comments and compliments. Trying to maintain that 'nostril' look going to black was out of my skill set to attempt. That look on your STA is awesome, SuperCharged SVT.

I got the grill off of eBay. There are a couple of vendors, and I think they use the same source for the grille. I recall it was about $115 shipped. It took two tries, as the first one shipped to me had two broken tabs. The hood trim piece I shopped around online, but it was about $50 shipped. Torrie at Fastparts Network would be a great source for the hood trim piece.

After having tried several different looks: stock grille with four billet inserts, then two. Roof rack on then off. Running boards off then on...several times. I seem to be fairly settled with what I have now.

Thanks again EddieS'04 on your help a long time ago on my roof rack delete. My wife wishes I left the roof racks on. Oh well.

:supercool:

Looks Great! Now pickup some of the darker STA headlight assemblies to complete the black/stealth look!

xero2099, the grill pops out but it isn't an easy pop out (in my opinion), though the explorer forum thread is accurate. I also removed the front license plate holder before installing the new grille. Should probably take it off before taking the stock one out. I used a really good set of plastic body panel pry tools. Hope that helps.

Latest posts