Advice on vent visors & bug shield for 07 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought an 07 ST and am looking for advice on the best vent visors and bug shields for it. I have found different brands, Lund and AVS (I think that is what the brand is). Has anyone installed these on the 07, and what are your recommendations? Thanks much!

If you look in my library at my 2007 you will see what a clear bug shield 2 looks like and in-channel vent visor !! Others will have pictures of the smoked and chrome bug shields.

Bill

Thanks Bill! I like the clear bug shield, had not seen one installed before.

Did you get your in channel vent visors from the dealer? I have searched the internet and cannot find them for the 2007 at any of the places that sell them. Will the 2001-2004 model years vents fit the 2007?

My ex always installed the ones that I had on my other trucks - are these easy to install, without any cutting? I am pretty handy with some tools, saws and razor blade type tools are not included;)

My truck is going back to the dealership some time this week to get clear coated so if it is best to have them do it, I will, but was just trying to save a little cash!

Thanks!!

Beth

Did you get your in channel vent visors from the dealer? I have searched the internet and cannot find them for the 2007 at any of the places that sell them. Will the 2001-2004 model years vents fit the 2007?

The 2006 Explorer's windows are the same as the '07 ST. You should buy Window visors for the 2006 Explorer.

All cars come from the factory with a clear coat of paint.

If you bought one of those chemical treatments from the dealer for a dear price;, cancel and get your money back and buy and apply a good state-of-the art auto polish. They are just as good or better.

My,,,,,,,,,,first of all, everyone is right about the clear-coat you evidently paid for,,,,,,,,,,,get your money back, and yes, those 06 Explorer vent shades by AVS are the best out there, in my opinion. I ordered them from fordpartsfast.com, got them quick, and they install with very little effort, just pull off the 3M tape coverage from each side to get it started, slip them into the channel, with the window down, roll up the window, and pull the rest of the tape off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,leave it overnight, and they are not going to move,,,,,,,,,,,,hope this helps,,,enjoy that new TRac,,,,,mark:p

I have AVS smoke bug shield, in-channel ventvisors and moon roof deflector. They're for the 06 Explorer and were all easy to install. Congrats on the new ST.

Wow! Thanks for everyones help! I will now have to get busy ordering these things so I can get them on the new truck. I just love it and am glad to have found this forum. You guys offer a lot of help and knowledge on the ST's.

I did get some type of protectant for the paint....reason being, I had a black explorer and bird poop etched the paint in it on the roof...no, I wasnt too good at washing the roof area. Being that I bought a black ST, I figured that it would be a good thing to protect my investment, guess not, huh! Haven't had it put on yet, so will call and see if I can cancel and then be done with it.

Thanks for all of the help~

Beth

When I bought my '07 the other day, they told me "Those blue cars, they don't get the paint cured at the factory before they leave like the other ones do...You may want to get the protectant put on it otherwise that paint will turn lighter and have a white powdery residue on it" I said "you mean oxidation??", she said "no, just a white powder"

Funny that it is only the blue ones now. When I had my black ST, that was the problem with the black ones. Only that black was not cured...

I did not buy what they were selling.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts