Adding heated seats to an '01

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave moore

Reaction score
I recently moved to wisconsin from las vegas with my '01. Does anyone know if the heated seats from the '02-'03's will retrofit into my truck?

Dave: the seats should fit since only minor cosmetic changes have been made to the Trac since its introduction in 2000. I can only imagine how much a Ford parts dept would ask for OEM heated seats for a Trac. :(

THEY SURE DO! I PUT THEM IN MY 01.....JUST HAVE TO ADD POWER!!

Thanks everybody, I need to go to the local boneyards and look for ST with the seats. If it is as easy as bolting the seats and adding power, I'll try it.

Funny you should ask that Dreman (about the cooling seats). Cooling seats are available in several luxury models now (no, I don't know of any American cars that have them). But they do exist. Same basic technology as those heater/cooler units that you can buy that plug into your cig-plug...one setting for heating, another setting for cooling. A simple change in the direction (polarity) of the current through the junction of the heating/cooling material and it either gets warm or cold.

Haven't found an OEM for the heating/cooling pads, yet, though.

TJR

TJR, my Expedition has cooling seats, actually blows cool air through the perferated leather. I don't need it very often here on the Oregon Coast but it is a nice luxury. I assume the Navigator has it also since it is more upscale.:)

Maybe I'll see if the Aviators have them as well!

Oh, wait, those are the new body style. Rats!:angry:

every car that is sold in the South should come with cooled seats. Drove a Navigator with them once, and they were awesome!

Hot seats are one reason I am strongly opposed to owning a car or truck with either leather or vinyl seats. The guys at the Jaguar stand at the car show looked at me like I was insane when I asked them if you could get a Jaguar with cloth seats! Vinyl is probably better because it won't soak up the sweat I will inevitably develop after an hour or so in the saddle, AC or no AC. Vinyl can be cleaned, but leather will let it soak in. And I don't want to think about how it would smell in there after 200,000 miles of me sweating in the seat! Cloth seats breathe enough to allow a little air circulation, just enough to keep me cooled. Cooled leather seats might work, though.

The Aviators have heated and cooling seats. That is one awesome SUV. My grandma owns one and I drive it to the beach every year. The power, luxury, accessories, everything is second to none in its class.

Latest posts