Adding gagues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Lynas

Reaction score
I been entertaining the idea of having gauges. Oil temp, Oil Pres, and water temp. I looking for a well thought out solution but looking for suggestion or ideas. The SCT touch screen xtreme is 800 plus dollars and no one at SCT can answer the question "can it display oil/water temps as an engine monitoring feature".

Just wondering if anyone had done some gauge additions to Gen2 ST

Have you considered the scan gauge II. You can read all except oil pressure and oil temp. The ford oil gauge is just an idiot light. On or Off for pressure. $165...

Are you looking for vanity "chrome" just for looks, or do you have a real need to monitor these things?

Oil passages have been cast into the engine block and heads, so there really hasn't been much need to monitor oil pressure in real time...unless you're running a serious racing motor. Monitoring fluid temperatures may be helpful if you're doing a lot of towing. If it's that important to you, I suggest using old school analog gauges that operate separately of the ECU. This is for accuracy, redundancy and anti-theft.

Most data that you get through the OBDII port will show up on your info center when there's a problem, and leaving anything inside the cab that says "steal me" is a bad idea IMHO. The problem with OBDII instrumentation is that they work with most OBDII equipped cars, which makes them attractive targets for theft.

If the oil sender is just a on-off switch, can we put in a sender that reads pressure?

Tks Ed

Look and see if Autometer has a pillar gauge pod that will fit, even a universal one might do the trick. They have all the guages you could ever want. Bob

Latest posts