Addco Sway Bars--Gen 2 Tracs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
Has anyone installed either the front or rear (or both) Addco sway bars on a Gen 2 Sport Trac? If so, was there enough of an improvement in handling to make it worth the $$$?

I don't know about those. Added the EE sway bars and it was night and day difference. I think anything larger than the stock is a dramatic improvement.

I had the EE sway bars on my old '04 STA. They did make a huge difference in how it handled.

I now own a Gen 2 2010 4x2 V8 Limited, so I was curious as to whether or not these Addco bars are worth the money. The Gen 2 Trac already handles much better than the Gen 1, given the fact that it has IRS rather than a solid rear axle. But I'm always looking for improvements, so that's why I was wondering about the Addco bars.

TT,

I have upgraded rear bar on my Gen1 2x4, and upraded front bushing. Plus I upgraded bars on many cars I owned. Always helped alot.

FYI, If you choose to replace one at a time or only one. Always replace rear one first. I found that sometimes the rear was all I needed. Along with performance bushings on the front oem bar. It all depends on the vehicles oem suspension geometry.

So do both together, and or rear first....:driving::supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
The factory sway bars are pretty beefy. Not sure you would see enough of an improvement to justify the cost. A good set of shocks would probably be more beneficial.

I have replaced all of the sway bar end links on my 07. When one failed on the front I noticed that big time. The rear, not so much. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know it was broken until I went in there to replace the shocks.

Latest posts