AC issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I noticed today that my AC air flow will decrease and increase on it's own. It would change from blowing out of the dash air vents to defrost vents back to the dash air vents. Anyone ever hear of this happening? I have a '07 XLT.

If your A/C is set to "Auto", it will blow cold air wherever it thinks it needs to going by the sensors in your dash.

I always keep mine set to the vents section. Also depending on what temp you have it set to, it will increase and decrease in order to keep the cab at that temp.

If it is going to the floor then you have a vaccum switch going bad under the dash or a small leak in the small vacuum hoses there good luck. Bill

Sounds like you have a vacum issue. Does this happen when you are accelerating or under load. Do you have climate control? Really shouldn't make a difference though because the climate control shouldn't ever direct the airflow to defrost all by itself unless you are in the heat mode and I'm not even sure that it will do it then.

If it is switching vent positions. vaccum or position switch problem. Should be a warranty item..

Latest posts