AC humming when on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have a question and hopefully a answer how to correct this problem.

I notice this humming sound since last summer everytime i turrn the ac on i heard a humming noise. its not that loud but really noticeble when radio is off. I think its coming from the condenser.Any Idea how to resolve this issue? Thanks a lot!!!

what tune is it humming?:bwahaha: just kidding! check the blower motor,you might have a leaf or a piece of paper thats caught in the blower wheel.

Mine is doing the same thing. I had something similar happen when I had a Tbird and it turned out to be A/C clutch. I really need to get it in before it starts getting warm down here.

Its coming from the A/C clutch. When i replace my serpentine belt the other day i notice its erevy time the condenser clutch spin the humming sounds kicks in. And if its only the blower/fan there is no humming sounds. Is there anyway to clean the A/C clutch? thanks!

The "blower moter" quit on me. It is located in the engine compartment on the passenger side of the firewall. You have to remove the coolant tank/windshield washer reservoir to get to it. The workshop manual shows how to remove it, but I can't find anything in the shop manual that goes deeper into the blower motor. I wasn't a difficult job. I would say, once you have the part, it is about an hr. & a half job or less. About 1-2 beers. :grin::haveabeer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think on my Tbird it cost about $200 to have the shop (not dealer) do it. I have most tools needed, but I don't have the gear puller and the adjustment tool so I figured it was worth the cost.

Latest posts