AC compressor running with heater

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sefus sefus

Reaction score
I forget what settings for the heater it is that runs the AC compressor too. Can somebody list it out cause its getting cold out and I'm still trying to save my mileage. Thanks!

-Sefus

The AC Compressor runs to remove moisture from the air. Ever seen those cars driving down the highway with foggd uped windows? Those do not have a working AC system.

The only two settings that does not run the AC is all feet and vent.

Anything to do with windshield will make the AC turn on.

Tom

I think the only two settings that don't run the AC compressor are vent and floor heat. In other words, the positions immediately to the left and right of "Off".

This is from the shop manual.

MAX A/C - The compressor will operate if the outside temperature is above 43 deg. F.

A/C - The compressor will operate if the outside temperature is above 43 deg. F.

PANEL - The compressor is off.

OFF - The compressor is off.

PANEL/FLOOR - The compressor will operate if the outside temperature is above 43 deg. F.

FLOOR - The compressor is off.

DEFROST - The compressor will operate if the outside temperature is above 43 deg. F.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so there's another position that uses AC between "Off" and "Floor". I need to look at my panel tonight on the way home! I never use that side anyway in South Texas! It's almost always on AC of some kind.

Latest posts