AC Blend Door not ST, but Ford product

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrel Chaney01

Reaction score
I have another question about the ac blend door. First this is on a 03 Sable. I had it tested and the Ford dealer said The blend door had to be replaced. The ac is fully charged, it is just that it doesn't switch and blow out cold air only hot. I saw on an earlier post that Fast Eddie saw a fix on an Explorer forum. Did you find it or does anybody else know how this is done? He said it was with toothpicks and epoxy and going through the glove box area. Can this also be done with the Sable and can an average guy do it?

By chance is is an auto system?

By that, do you set a temperature and it does what is needed to maintain the temp you requested?

I ask because, if so, the most common failure of that type of system is the temp sensor itself. Once it fails, the blend door will not move as the input from the temp sensor is not giving information to the system...

I looked and could not find the article on the explorer blend door repair. Thought I had saved it in my favorites, for future reference.

You might want to look at the blend door actuator, too. Usually, what happens, is the actuator screws up and eventually breaks the door. Some vehicles, the Sable included, don't have the door available separate from the case, though, so if it's acting up, I would get it fixed as quickly as I could.

We are going to sell the car, because we don't need it, just the money. Nothing else is wrong with it. I just hate to spend $775.00 that the dealer wants to fix it. I also need to get a couple things done to the ST as soon as possible.

Sorry to butt in, but I also have Ford Blend door issues with my 08 F150,

Rodger - I was at a dealership last week that informed me that Ford is working on a new part for the 08 F150 blend door actuator. Have you heard anything about this? I have already had one replaced and it worked for three days before it crapped out. Said dealership told me that their 07 F150 parts truck was already on it's third one. They have many other customers who have had the part replaced multiple times. They advised me to wait for the new part, but I spend 8-9 hours a day in my truck, and when all it does is pump out either full on hot air or freezing cold air I can't wait much longer.

yes i am the one who posted about my blend door in my sport trac and apperently it costs a grand to fix as they have to take out the dash and winshield to fix....sure was hoping someone in here would know of another way to fix and one guy suggested a fix thru the glove box...some one help!!!! one second it is pumping out full heat and then it is cold as can be