ABS ring

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Mills

Reaction score
On the way in to work this morning my ABS light & traction control lights came on. After a quick scan with a code reader this afternoon I pulled a code for a right rear abs sensor. When I crawled under the truck I noticed a chunk missing out of the ring. Upon further inspection I realized the ring was loose on the cv shaft. When I drove it next the truck started stalling & didnt want to faster than about 15mph until I turned the traction control off. Dorman actually makes a replacement for these that looks to be pressed on. I'm taking it to a shop tomorrow & Just curious if anyone else has been through this yet.

Jim

Fastjimmy,

Wow, I was not aware that the tone ring on the rotor was a separate part?? All of the tone rings I have seen were made of magnets molded into the brake rotor ?? Are those OEM or aftermarket brand rotors?

...Rich

they are OE rotors on the rear and actually due for replacement. That was going to be this weekends job. The ring itself is pressed on the cv axle & not the rotor. Most rings are in fact a part of the rotor, just not on the gen 2's I guess. I'll update the posting tomorrow.

Latest posts