ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy malone

Reaction score
ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS!

YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA. THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'.

SINCE WHEN IS SUPPORT FOR PREVENTING DEATH AND DESTRUCTION SOME SORT OF A 'CAUSE'? SINCE WHEN IS PATRIOTISM TO BE DISCOURAGED?

I URGE YOU TO BOYCOTT ABC AND ITS SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES. WE ARE SLOWLY LOSING EVERYTHING OUR COUNTRY STANDS FOR AND EVERYTHING OUR MEN AND WOMEN FOUGHT AND DIED TO PRESERVE!

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY AS YOU CAN. THIS HAS BEEN VERIFIED THROUGH: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/noflags.asp

What's next, not being able to put a flag on your house?

Martin, I fly the American flag andthe Texas flag on the corners of my carport. Sometimes the wind wraps them around the poles. I have had some of the hispanic teens that walk my sreet, ridicule my flags while straighting them out.

Recently I had replace the US flag. Someone shreaded it.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
My neighbor has a regular flag pole and the flag he's got on it is in really poor conditon from the weather, winds, etc.

Years ago, his son raised the flag and also put up the Texas flag below it, but he put it upside down which is easy to do.....I had to go over and let them know about it. But, at least he got the US flag on right.....could have been bad if it was upside down as well.

My family owns a cabin on a lease on Forest Service land near Lake Tahoe. The Forest Circus has many rules that the cabin owners have to abide by in order to keep their leases. Things like keeping your cabin in good repair, painted etc... BUT you need to get Forest Circus approval BEFORE you do any of these things... just like a homeowners association. A few years back, in the tract below ours, the local FS ranger in charge of our tracts told a cabin owner that he'd have to remove his flagpole from in front of his cabin, as he didn't get approval for it, since it was like 40 feet tall, and it was painted white, which was against FS policy. (Only babypoop brown and babypuke green are allowed.) The cabinowner was like, "What? You're telling me I can't fly a U.S. flag on U.S. government owned land?" And they were like... "That's right!" So he took 'em to court! It went all the way to the Supreme Court, as no one would touch it... He won. But the fact that he had to battle it all the way to the Supreme Court is a joke. You need permission to fly a U.S. flag on U.S. property!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaun, In the private community where my Dad lives. His niehbors Mother-inlaw is canadian. When she visits He flies the maple upside down to iritate her...;)

Latest posts