a sad ending

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcobra302 78

Reaction score
headed out to work very early this morning. just before sun up i crossed over from new york into vermont. there is a junkyard at the light at the beginning of the bennington bypass. out of the corner of my eye i see a gen 1 silver sport trac. couldn't get in to get a look being it was still dark and the gate was locked. so i continued through vermont into new hampshire and completed my job. on the way back i stopped at the yard where the st was. i couldn't believe my eyes. i was my first st. a silver birch 03 xlt. i was floored. i bought it new in may of 03 and traded it in on an 07 in june of 07 with 68,600 miles on it. it was on the dealer lot for less than 3 weeks. thought it may have gone to auction but it had the decal of dealership on it. last inspected in july of 08. looks like it took a pretty hard hit on the passenger side but was repaired. not very good but it looked good from 20 feet. interior has been stripped. most everything else is still on the truck. sad part is it only has 79,920 on the odometer.

:boohoo:

That actually would be pretty heartbreaking. Funny how we form such a bond with a hunk of metal and plastic.

I know exactly how you feel. My first car, in 1970, was a 1960 Jaguar Mark 2 that I just loved, despite the fact that it was in kind of rough condition physically. When I sold it to a friend of my dad's a few years later, it ran well and was in very restorable condition. Naturally, I assumed that he planned to do just that. Instead, he merely took it home, stripped it of all useful parts, and scrapped it. I didn't know that until several months later when I saw the stripped body in a local junkyard.

Latest posts