A new War.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Maguire

Reaction score
It appears the North Korean's nuclear capability is getting alittle to their dictators head. They obviously just doubt or don't believe that our missle defense system cant take down a nuclear weapon. Whatever they plan on doing........it won't be good for them. Can anyone find any 5.56 NATO ammo at all? anywhere? im in central Pa and there is literally nothing anywhere in stock and nothing anywhere being shipped in.:banghead: Anyone have the same problem? Ammo is gold anymore and obama is not making it much better.:angry:

I saw on tv today. Homeland is buying up all that ammo. Plus they are also buying hollow points. NATO dont use hollow points. What is HS up to????????

Federal law enforcement uses hollow point ammo.

5.56 is close enough to .223, which is used in the AR 15/ M4 platform firearms. These are used by just about every federal agency that has a law enforcement function. They buy directly from suppliers, hence the suppliers have nothing left for the dealers. I have no doubt that some military units are using hollow point ammo in some instances.

Agency individuals responsible for ammo for training are buying what they can now because they know of the Obama run on ammo. The got their new budget money October 1 and are most likely buying for the whole year as apposed to the past when they would buy as needed.

I doubt that Obama Administration has set out to buy up all the ammo. All that will happen is it will run up the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle M said:

It appears the North Korean's nuclear capability is getting alittle to their dictators head. ... Ammo is gold anymore and obama is not making it much better.

I can't help you, but I am intriqued by your regional dialect. l've always used the expression "go to his head", not "getting to his head".

Likewise, I've heard "anymore" used in that context a few time and it's always just sounded wrong to me; no offense; but I do hear it from time to time. Personally, I use the equally not-so-often heard "nowadays" in its place and sometimes "these days" instead when writing or trying to talk a bit more formally.

I love regional dialects. Just saying... Strange that we are only a couple of hours apart. ;-)

TJR

:back2topic:

It appears the North Korean's nuclear capability is getting alittle to their dictators head. They obviously just doubt or don't believe that our missle defense system cant take down a nuclear weapon.

I don't think he's dumb enough to do more than just rattle sabers. No doubt we've got one, if not more boomer subs patrolling off the Korean peninsula. With a single sub carrying 24 multiple-warhead Trident nuclear missiles, he damn well better think twice. Although now that I think about it, I'm not sure that the current CinC would have the balls to give the launch order to retaliate if the NorKs actually tried to fire upon us.

Moreover, North Korea doesn't have the support of China like they did 60 years ago. China's got too much money invested in our economy to get mixed up with North Korea in a conflict with us.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. USS Nevada (SSBN-733) alongside my submarine tender, USS [/i]Dixon[/i] (AS-37) in Sitka, AK in 1988.

[Broken External Image]:

North K does this crap every time we have joint military exercises with the South. Their goal is to get economic concessions (easing of the sanctions) or actual economic aid dollars from the US. Its called blackmail in most other instances. Some administrations are more likely to cave than others and they know it.

Likewise, I've heard "anymore" used in that context a few time and it's always just sounded wrong to me; no offense; but I do hear it from time to time.

TJR, you're one step more familiar with it than I am--I don't recall ever hearing it used in that context. To be honest, when I first read it, I chalked it up to being a typographical error--like he had been interrupted while typing, and then tried unsuccessfully to resume the prior train of thought. Like you, I'm not saying it as any offense--just that I've never heard it used that way before.

I've heard and used it in that context.

Blksn8k is right on.

Bill V, Hugh,

It's a rural, and also southern rural thing to use "anymore" in that way. Quite common in certain parts. I have a thing for regional dialects. The one that kills me in my current area (southeast PA) is when people end a sentence with the word "with", as in... "Yesterday he went to the store and I went with." ... or ... "Do you mind if I go with?"

Or, in certain parts of the south they don't "take" your picture, they "make your picture."

TJR

TJR, the one that got me the first couple times I heard it is that some areas (I think it's northeast, but I'm not positive), people don't "wait in line" at a store checkout--they "wait on line". The very first time I heard it, I thought they were talking about buying something from a website with a slow internet server response time...

TJR, not to highjack the thread even further--but if you enjoy dialect-related discussions, you may be interested in the surveys and maps at this link:

if you guys like that dialect it gets even better haha. In my area (central Pa) we also say "You's Guy's" like "Where you's guy's going" we also call each other Ho-Butts and well here is a link to where i live. YOU WILL LAUGH!!:grin:

My parents, both raised in Washington, PA, use different forms of the second person plural pronoun. My dad says yous and my mother says y'uns (sp?). I'm more than happy to inform them that my ignorant southern accent makes use of the correct contraction for you all.:grin:

Y'all be good now.

:eek:fftopic:

BTW, this is also a bit off-topic but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if government agencies are buying up all the .223 ammo just so Joe Public can't get it. If you can't stop people from buying guns the next best thing is keeping them from getting ammo for those guns. Your tax dollars at work...

The gov buying up bullets is weak

But I would be worried about Rupert Murdock and friends controlling so much of the news/information that gets out.

I'm not concerned about the government buying all the bullets. Luckily we still have some semblance of supply and demand in this country. All they could really do is drive up production and eventually lower prices. I'm all for it.:grin:

It's all these paranoids that never had an interest or need in guns buying anything and everything available in a frenzy. I foresee it falling off in the next couple months, or weeks even. Availability will slowly return and prices will drop by this fall. The funny part will be the credit card reckoning these people will have to deal with when they start wondering why the heck they bought 3 AR15s at $2,500 a piece, lol.

Since the media has been brought up, they started this. Funny that their attempt to demonize guns flooded the market with them. I just hope they didn't tempt unstable and irresponsible people into buying them. I'm afraid they may have.

Back to the topic, funny how insignificant N. Korea is that a topic started about them turns to dialects, gun control and the media. N. Korea is nothing if not for their nuclear capability. They don't even have the Chinese support they once had. If they're not careful, the world will give them the attention they desire. JMO

It will be sad that the free korea, will. Have to deal with the poisoned fallout. When the north is nonthing but a big hole in the ground.....

It is also horrible how the citizens of N. Korea have to live. Not much info or video gets out but what I have seen is disturbing.

Latest posts