A Little More Light Off-Road Fun

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Here's yesterday's fun. The roads are former strip mining access roads and high voltage access roads. If you're wondering, no--none are private property. The strip mine roads are state-owned as part of its reclamation of mines in NePA, and the high voltage access roads are public (as far as I could tell), with only the adjacent property and power structures posted as private. I tread lightly. :)

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aNNvDzIkTQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aNNvDzIkTQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

The camera does not show slope well at all. However, if you know powerline access roads, you know they're as steep (though not as boulder-filled; I removed a bunch on some of the hills to make life a little easier) as any ORV park's roads. The Trac in 4WD low made them all too easy.

Adam - I thought I recognized the terrain in your "visiting the cabin" video. I have a rental property at Towamensing Trails (Albrightsville, 903 and 534), and like to tour on my motorcycle all thru NEPA.

where at in NE PA

Just outside of Plymouth, PA. Mount Carmel is south of here, but not that far at all.

I have a rental property at Towamensing Trails (Albrightsville, 903 and 534), and like to tour on my motorcycle all thru NEPA.

You're a bit more towards the Poconos, but I know exactly where you're at. :) I'm off the Wilkes-Barre exit of 476 (or, I prefer the ride by getting off the Pocono exit and traveling through White Haven, Mountaintop, the backside towards Mocanaqua, and up).

The invitation is always there for anyone in the area who wants to do a little light trail riding. With a few days notice, I can swing a weekend out of Philly and back to my stomping grounds.

Adam,

I see youre in Philly. Me and my roommate (he has a 89 Bronco II) would probably be up for something on a weekend. You ever been down to the airport? theres some decent mudholes down there that are fun to play in. And Ive heard alot of talk about The Pine Barrens in S. Jersey but I've never been, you ever check them out?

Ian

the Pine Barrens in S. Jersey but I've never been, you ever check them out?

A few fellas from the Explorer Forum ran there a few times. Unfortunately, they did so when I was at or near law finals and could not make it.

As for the airport, I never heard about them--but the way Philadelphia and the surrounding counties are, it's easy to miss!

Latest posts