A little friendly competition

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Childs

Reaction score
So two of my friends and myself have signed a lease on a really sweet three bed/two bath fourplex, and one of the bedrooms has already been called by one roommate. The problem is, both the third roommate and myself want the bigger room that has its own bathroom, and we don't really want to flip a coin to see who gets it, that's too boring. We've tried to come up with other ideas as to how we should figure out who gets the bigger room, but we're stumped. We do have some guidelines though. What we do know:

1) We want it to be some sort of drinking game or games (we're all 21)

2) We want it to be able to play it between two people, that way we can determine a clear winner

3) It needs to be "crowd worthy". Something that would be fun for other people to watch and cheer us on, since we plan on doing this competition at a party over the summer.

4) I would prefer a series of events to complete, and whoever wins 3 out of 5 (or however many) would get the big room.

5) We want it to be wild, crazy, fun and memorable. Basically, we want the competition to be awesome.

If anyone has any ideas as to what we could play, or any other ideas as to how to determine who gets the big room I would appreciate any input. I'm kinda hoping that some of you older guys have some games from your own crazy college days, or maybe the younger members have some games that I haven't heard of. I'm all ears for any suggestions. Thanks in advance! :cool:

make an obstacle course race like you would have had to do at Summer Camp. Only after each leg of the competition you have to shotgun a beer!!

events of the race could be:

1)slip and slide

2)baseball bat twirl

3) lol i dunno out of ideas, but you get the picture.

I'd do it just for the plain fun of it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My roommates and I used to play what we called "Laker Village Golf." We lived on campus in Laker Village Apartments, so basically we had tennis balls as golf balls and only 1 club, and it was like frisbee golf where you had to hit the target not sink the ball into a cup. So the lamp post was a hole, and the tree was a hole and so on.. Add beer and enjoy :)

Oh I forgot about caps too.. kind of like beer pong, but you sit on the floor with a full cup and throw beer caps at each others cups.. if you sink it they drink.. play to whatever drunkin level you like ;)

Or perhaps you just have a higher proportional share of the rent assigned to that room, so whoever "wants/gets" it will pay more per month for that room than the other two.............

Crate races are big around my campus recently. Basically, you have five "objects" that you must consume. Whoever does it first wins, usually there are teams of about 4 or 5 people, but you could tone it down for individual races. The standards are usually a bottle of wine, bottle of liquor, six pack of beer, and two other random foods or consumable items. I've seen raw eggs, greasy sandwiches/calzones, jar of pickles, and a six foot long sub (12 foot party sub from Subway divided by two). If you puke, you automatically lose. It takes some time to complete, but it gets the job done.

Another game that has popped up is called Civil War. Played like a three versus three beer pong (or you could play one v. one) with the "general" in the middle (6 cups) and two "sergeants" on each side (3 cups). You play with three balls and shoot at each others cups like beerpong. The trick is that if you make a cup, that person can't shoot until they have drank their made cups. Also, if you miss, the ball is fair game, so you can dive after the balls on the ground and continue shooting. Once a sergeant or general is eliminated, they can't shoot, but can help their team retrieve the balls. It's probably a little more hectic one v. one, but still a fun game.

yeah, i'm an "old guy" so believe me i've "been there, done that" when i was younger so i'm sure none of this advice will be taken seriously(i know i never took it), but i'll give it anyway.

somehow, i survived to my 64 years, but look back on my youth now and wonder..HOW?? did the college thing...drinking, drove a vehicle...drunk, wild parties...drank, in the service, drank...well, you get the idea. no, i was never an alcoholic, but did enjoy my weekend partying. now, i rarely have a beer and often think how lucky i was to make it through all those situations without harming myself or others.

not preaching to any of you guys at all, but just be careful in whatever you decide. recently near kansas city, there was a young man who died from alcohol overdose(or whatever they call it, too much alcohol in the system)and i hear of this a lot lately. i know when you're young, you think you're bullet proof, but just respect life and have fun.

o.k., i'm off the soapbox now.

dutch

Sorry it took so long to respond, but thank you for the replies. We definitely have a lot to think about.

Dutch, thanks for the advice. I don't consider myself a "typical" college student: I don't drink every weekend, I know when to cut myself off (I tell bartenders when to stop serving me, if that says anything), and I hate wild and crazy parties. A social gathering with good friends is what I like most. Again, thanks for the concern, and I can assure you we will be careful.

Here's a suggestion...

Come up with whatever idea you want for the competition. Make it a requirement that each of you have been drinking 2 drinks per hour minimum for at least four hours prior to the competition. During that four hours, his friends will take him to one bar to enforce that rule, while your friends are take you to another bar for the same purpose. You then both show up at the competition location, properly prepped.

While he is out drinking for four hours with his friends, and then showing up for whatever competition you come up with--you and your friends have 4+ hours to move all of your stuff into the room. At that point, who cares how the competition went. ;)

(Think of it as the drinking game equivalent of the scene from the Indiana Jones movie, where the guy is showing off his sword-twirling prowess in preparation for the big battle, but then Indy wins the battle before it ever starts by shooting him.)

As an alternative to the binge drinking...

Make a list of what you're willing to do on a repeat basis for the larger room. Whoever agrees to do the most stuff gets the room. If he doesn't hold his end of the agreement, then move him out!

Have the guy with the bigger room agree to clean the bathroom once a week. Maybe have him agree to buy one case of beer a week, or every other week, for the duration of the lease.

Latest posts