A Deflating Experience

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hopped in my '07 ST the other day and headed off down the road when the lumbar support in the driver's seat deflated. This is a new one on me!

The Ford dealer told me it would be covered by the warranty and I have an appointment for 7 AM Friday but I got to wondering:

Is this easy to fix?

How long will it take?

Anybody out there have any experience in this area?

Thanks.

Mine exploded in my 07. I too was told it was fixable under the warranty. work involved to fix, I was told, they had to take the seat out, take the cover off the seat and then check the hose from the dial on your seat to the lumbar air bag, if that just came off, then they just put it back on, if the bag popped like mine did, they have to reorder an entire unit, take out the old and put the new on in. They quoted me a couple hours just to get the seat out and apart to check, then an hour to fix and put seat back in if they only had to reattach hose, if they had to replace unit then they would have to order because they don't stock it and it would take a day to fix. I never ended up getting mine fixed as I didn't have a dealership that would work with me on dropping it off, getting a free rental and such, and I have since passed 36K miles, so no more warranty to mine.

Yours sounds like the hose might have just come off from your description. i knew mine had exploded because it sounded like a gun shot and felt like someone popped me in the back when it happened. It also happened while driving down the interstate at 75MPH, so needless to say I about messed myself.

Thanks for your detailed response, Steven. After my visit to the dealer tomorrow morning, I'll update in case anyone else may be interested. Sounds like it could be more trouble than it's worth, although I had always felt comfortable while driving the ST, especially for long distances. Stay tuned.

Latest posts