A Deflating Experience

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hopped in my '07 ST the other day and headed off down the road when the lumbar support in the driver's seat deflated. This is a new one on me!

The Ford dealer told me it would be covered by the warranty and I have an appointment for 7 AM Friday but I got to wondering:

Is this easy to fix?

How long will it take?

Anybody out there have any experience in this area?

Thanks.

Well it it is the switch or bag they have to take the seat out and or apart. could be just the switch or it could be the bag itself.

If they have the part in stock, and they do the job without delay, probably one or two hours.

if they have to order the part it takes ususally 1-2 business days and depending on when the part is ordered. If they order it today (friday) they will probably get it in Tues maybe Weds.

these are my guesses. but I do live with a Ford guy ;)

Well, the service manager told me they looked things over (apparently to determine that I knew what I was talking about), checked for any service bulletins, found a service bulletin, and realized they have to order a part. They ordered the part and will call me when the part comes in so that we can schedule an appointment. He told me to plan on leaving my car there all day. Stay tuned.

Well, I dropped the ST off at the dealer's last Thursday at 7:30 AM. They gave me a free loaner car (2000 Taurus!). At 11:30 AM, they called me and told me my ST was ready to go. So I drove back out to the dealer at about 1:30 PM, dropped off the loaner, signed the paperwork for my ST, and picked up my vehicle. You couldn't even tell anybody had worked on it other than I had to reset my radio presets.

The lumbar support works better than ever. I am happy with Ford...at least this time around.

According to the service advisor (at least to my understanding) was that there has been a service bulletin issued specifically in regard to the lumbar support failure problem. Apparently, the bulletin advises what part needs to be ordered to fix the problem.

Latest posts