A/C

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Vincent

Reaction score
I am hoping this is not a bad sign that the ac is about to go. The past week it has been 100 degrees and above so i have been running my ac on max. I know a/c units produce condensation which drips to the ground but is usually somewhat minimal, however mine left a trail down my driveway within 30minutes. Now tonite it has cooled of but after work i run my ac to cool off. It just didnt seem to be working well while driving but when i take my foot off the pedal and coast it gets fairly cold but goes back to just cool when i gradually speed up again. Thanks in advance for the help and i am glad there is a site like this with so many knowledgeable Trac owners to help everyone out>

Hay John, Is it possible that you have a vacuum leak and the A/C thinks that you are under too much throttle? Does the engine run smooth?

Ed

yes its running smooth, but now that you mention it i have kinda tuned it out but since i purchased this trac it has had what sounded like a vacuum leak when i take my foot off the pedal but itll go away for a bit if i punch the gas pedal

Sounds like your vacuum line going to your blend door may be leaking. It is located by the passenger wheel well by the overflow tanks. What it sounds like is happening is when you give it the gas, manifold vacuum decreases, and allows the door's acutator to lose vacuum, (they default to heat upon the loss of vacuum), and when you let off the gas, the vacuum goes really high, and makes the door go to the cool position.

First off, the temperature blend door is electrically controlled, the vent position doors and also the recirculation door are vacuum controlled.

Is the forcce of air coming out of the vents going away adn you are mistaking it for the air getting warmer?

Condensation output of the ac system will vary with the weather conditions. Typically here in Phoenix car ac systems don't put out any water becasue it is very dry outside but now that we have alot of moisture in the air cars are leaving small lakes after just sitting for a few minutes. I suspect that the humidity in your area has just been really high lately adn thus you have more condensation.