A/C Knowledge Needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
My '07 Limited only has 35K+ miles but now the A/C compressor is cycling about every 5 to 10 seconds. When It cycles on the air temp is icy cold but then it cycles off. I'm thinking its not coolant or it wouldn't be so cold but then what do I know. Eddie S 04 told me that there is a "thermister" in the dash somewhere but I can't find it. I knew it had to have something inside regulating the auto controls. If anyone has had any experience with this type of issue I would appreciate your comments. I don't know if the system is the same prior to '07 it may well be.

Thanks in advance,

Oldtimer:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know the particulars of your '07, but most A/Cs have a low pressure shut off. When the compressor turns on the low side pressure drops. If it goes below the low allowable limit it will turn the compressor off. When off, the pressure rises past the minimum allowable value and starts up again. I'd check your system for being low on FREON.

You are still under warranty, so just let Ford check it out and get it running right.

...Rich

Latest posts